123 Princess Street (North)
The Miller and Richard Type Foundry Company was established in Edinburg, when Scottish type founder William Miller partnered with his son-in-law Walter Richard in 1838. The company is most recognized for creating the Old Style series of fonts, including the serif typeface Bookman. In 1905, the company expanded their business and built a warehouse facility at 121 Princess Street. In addition to metal type, they offered printers, paper cutters and newspaper folding machines. The company remained at its Princess address until 1931, when it left the city. In 1952, the company ceased operation altogether and sold its designs to English company Stephenson Blake.