111 Lombard Avenue (West)
111 Lombard Street was originally constructed by A.E. Kemp in 1903 for the Kemp Manufacturing Company. The business manufactured steel products including copper and steel bathtubs, kerosene lanterns and household goods. In 1911, the company changed names to Sheet Metal Products. In 1927, an $18 million merger between six of Canada’s the largest foundries, including Kemp’s Sheet Metal Products, formed General Steel Wares. The company operated out of the Lombard Street address until the 1940s.