80 Lombard Avenue (West)
The company was founded in 1903 by A.E. Scott and J.L Bathgate. The firm acted as importers and manufactures’ agent and in 1905, built their 149 Pioneer Avenue location, which was expanded two years later. With the introduction of the Nutty Club brand name and its Can-D-Man mascot, the company’s reputation for packaged candy, salted nuts and popcorn distribution grew. By the 1930s, the company had branch offices, warehouses and factories spread across Canada. In 1945, Scott-Bathgate purchased its 80 Lombard Street facility, which is still in use today as offices. The company is still in operation today as a confectionary manufacturer, importer and manufacturer’s agent.